Home sweet home

Saturday 14 March 2015

Last week I decided to pop home for the weekend. As much as I love being at Uni, I do miss things like having a cuppa and watching Dragon's Den with my parents or catching up with my friends at home, not to mention sleeping in my own bed! 


So I kicked off the weekend in the best way a Northerner can...with a Parmo!!! You're now thinking what on earth is a Parmo...Well it's basically breaded chicken smothered in a creamy bechamel sauce with a sprinkle (actually a lot more than a sprinkle) of cheese melted on top. They're absolutely delicious and a well loved speciality from Teesside, so make sure you try one if you're in the North East area! 


Saturday morning involved a trip to a local farmer's market..one of my favourite things to do! No one is ever miserable walking round the stalls and I love finding cute independent companies...especially food ones! I managed to pick up a few chocolate treats for Rachel's birthday.


Saturday afternoon was spent at my friend's farm where me and my mum basically spent the whole time cuddling lots of cute animals! We even witnessed the birth of twin lambs which was great as my mum was desperate to see this as a keen viewer of lambing live! 
The lamb pictured above was my favourite :) I know you're sitting there thinking awwwww



The vet student in me feels I should point out that you shouldn't actually kiss lambs as you can catch something called Orf, which is a skin condition. It wouldn't be the end of the world. but you know, better just to not get it. Have a little read here if you're into that kinda thing!


Saturday evening was spent eating the yummiest of yummiest food at Chadwicks - my favourite restaurant! I went with my friend Rachel as an early celebration of her birthday! It's quite pricey but oh so worth it!! I won't make your mouth water with the food pics just yet..I'm saving those for a review in the very near future, so all you foodies better keep an eye out!


Oh go on then, maybe just the one! 



On Sunday, I went with my parents and friend Rachel (again yes, we're inseparable when we're both home) to the Hartlepool's Maritime Museum which is somewhere I used to go all the time as a child, so it really brought back heart warming memories being there again. 


Peek-a-boo!




 It was fun walking in and out of the different houses that were made to look as they would in the 18th Century. Places like this make learning about history so much more fun and interactive!



As fun as it might sound climbing up ropes etc on a big badass ship, life at sea sounded pretty horrendous and I can't say I envy those men that went to war at sea but you have to admire their bravery!


"he's got the whole world, in his hands, he's got the whole wide world, in his hands"...


After we were done taking silly pictures, we headed to the calmness of Saltholme Nature Reserve, for a bit of bird watching.


Can you spot the famous Transporter Bridge in the background?


We even managed to have a spot of tea with Alice and the Mad Hatter!


How adorable is this!? There were holes at the back for wild mice to climb in and steal a treat or two!


 This place is perfect for clearing your head for a bit. Something I'd been needing to do for a while actually, so this was a refreshing visit!


 Can you spot the duck?




It was so lovely to be home and I already can't wait to head back for Easter! 

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time! I love lambing season, because they are all so cute! x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much cute in this post - I LOVE the Alice & Wonderland tea party! Sometimes a quick trip home is the perfect getaway :)

    Bxx
    www.b-jolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. A house for a mouse? That looks amazing! I've never seen those before. Sounds like you had such a lovely weekend and fitted so much in! xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks like you had an amazing day! I love going to nature reserves and such as it's so much more fun and relaxing aswell as a great day out with friends and family!

    P.s have you entered my #geekgirl giveaway?

    Sarah

    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :) Tweet any questions to @alfreckle for a quicker response x

Design by | SweetElectric