Wake Me Up Face Mask recipe

Sunday 13 March 2016

My mum's friend has the most amazing skin. She's in her 50s but looks like she's in the lower end of her 30s, so any skin advice she can give me, I know I can trust. This lady knows what she's doing. And here is one of her secrets - coffee!!

We all know that a cup of coffee is great for kick starting the day, but did you know it can also have great rejuvenating effects on your skin? I didn't until a couple weeks ago.



Coffee has stimulating effects that improve the blood flow to your skin, making it look brighter and well, awake! It also acts to tighten the skin and contains antioxidants that can delay premature ageing and reduces redness.  I know, I'm always skeptical of claims like this but when I use this mask I do feel it is doing something  good for my skin. 

*WARNING - your face will smell like Costa after using this*

So basically all you need is:

4 teaspoons of natural yoghurt
2 teaspoons of ground coffee 
2 teaspoons of honey

Mix them together and you're good to go.

It really is that easy! Smother it all over your face and leave on for as long as you want, preferably whilst having a nice soak in the bath :)

I was told to use this mask once a month, so have a try and let me know what you think!

p.s. I now have a facebook page which you can find here







2 comments:

  1. This sounds so great and I love the smell and taste of coffee anyway haha! So easy to make as well!

    Imogen // imogenscribbles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful and I can't believe how easy it is to make! I never would have thought to put coffee on my face but it's worth a try if it's as good as your mum's friend says :) Will definitely give this a go soon - thanks for sharing!
    Nicole xxx
    www.gingerkitchen.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :) Tweet any questions to @alfreckle for a quicker response x

Design by | SweetElectric