Let's go to the Beach-each

Tuesday 19 August 2014

I was back on my little UK tour last week and found myself in Blackpool!! I've always wanted to go so jumped at the chance when my friend offered to drive us there for the evening.


The air smelt like candyfloss and dunkin' donuts which brought me right back to the days when I'd get sooo excited about the fair coming to the local village! I haven't been abroad this summer so it was nice to go on a very mini 'staycation.' The pier was buzzing with people all with big smiles on their faces!


I'm not a fan of rock but the shops were filled with all different coloured and flavoured rock - even chicken tikka (eew!!!)


We didn't have time (or money!!) for the pleasure beach but I could make it out in the distance!


So after bobbing and weaving through the hustle and bustle of people around the fair rides that sat on the pier and after stopping to take numerous touristy photos, we found this quiet and serene spot right at the end. Wind blowing through our hair and this beautiful view!! It was like being in another place, despite there being only a wooden beach hut separating us from the craziness we'd just walked through!

There's something about looking out onto the horizon that makes you stop and appreciate things around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by :) Tweet any questions to @alfreckle for a quicker response x

Design by | SweetElectric