Finishing Touches

Wednesday 6 August 2014

I recently redecorated my room as I wanted a change and something to keep me busy over the summer. Over the last year or so I've found a love for shopping for homeware and furniture - this confirms I must nearly be a proper adult now!!

I decided to paint the walls white which has really brightened the room (and also gives my parents a bit more freedom to do what they want with my room when I eventually move out!) So because of this, I have had to introduce colour with little ornaments, candles and pictures.


I absolutely love these button shaped trinket boxes. One is full of spare buttons and a mini sewing kit and I'm not sure what to put in the other one yet (probably some kind of  rubbish useful bits.) I found them in Dunelm Mill which is becoming one of my favourite shops. If you've ever seen the film Coraline then you'll know why these trinket boxes remind me of it.

I've actually had the button picture for years, it was a gift from my mum but I think it fits in well next to my button boxes. I keep meaning to have a go at making one of these myself!


Okay, so this last one isn't exactly bringing any colour but I spotted this lamp in my local garden centre before I'd even started decorating my room. I love the detail of the base and its overall simplicity.

I also have owls all over my room - bit of an addict!

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by :) Tweet any questions to @alfreckle for a quicker response x

Design by | SweetElectric