The little things

Saturday 6 June 2015

It's been tough these few last weeks with exams. I don't think I've ever been that stressed in the exam season before. There were A LOT of tears, tantrums and sleepless nights.But I am soooo happy to have finally made it through to the other side!! If you haven't made it through the exam period yet, I wrote some tips here that can help you revise :) Also if you're a worrier, have a look at my post on 10 ways to worry less

I had my first day off in ages today and managed to fill it with lots of lovely little things that make me happy. Starting off with a nice long lie in and then some back to back watching of Grey's Anatomy! 



I made some of these delicious double chocolate cookies as I'm going for a picnic tomorrow and who doesn't love baked goods?! I got the recipe from the lovely Ioanna whose blog and recipe you can find here. I had one just as it came out the oven and it was actual heaven. Melted chocolate, gooey vanillaness mmmmm. You should make them.

I also had to sneak this gorgeous mug* I was sent from Getting Personal into the photo. I'm really pleased with the quality of the print on it and it makes me really proud of my blog, seeing it printed on something like that. 


Whilst shopping for my baking ingredients, I spotted the flowers section and before I had time to think about it, my feet were already taking me over to them. You just can't beat fresh flowers in your room and you know, someone has to get you flowers, it might as well be yourself!! They were only £2.50 as well. You don't have to go on a massive splurge to treat yourself.



There was also some Glade candles at half price in Tesco, so of course, one of those was popped in my basket too :) I went for Bali Sandlewood and Jasmine. I've gotten into the habit of lighting a candle every night before bed as well as burning them almsot nonstop throughout the day so I get through them very quickly!


I'm really happy with my notebook* too which I'll be using to write down any blog ideas I have!! 

Baking, watching my favourite tv shows and chilling with a candle on and a cuppa in hand is how I like to relax. It's been nice just spending time by myself to unwind. All the hard work and stress you go through during difficult times makes days like these so much more appreciated. I haven't done anything overly exciting but it's just been nice :) 




9 comments:

  1. Those cookies look sensational!
    Rosie
    x
    www.anenglishrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same with candles. I end up burning them all through the day and evening, so get through lots!!

    A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love buying fresh flowers too, it's so nice to brighten up a room right? Always love appreciating the little things too :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you! It's so nice after all those stressful weeks to relax and have time to do little things that make us happy - like those cookies, they look so tasty!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like the perfect day unwinding after such a stressful period! yay that exams are over, you can now make the most of the sunshine and Summer months :) the cookies look delicious, woop that you baked them and liked them :D also I agree, it's so nice having fresh flowers around to brighten up the room xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies look SO good & I love your personalised mug! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, check it over on my blog :)
    --
    The Versatile Blogger Award!

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cookies look delicious - I'm craving some now!
    www.httpaleena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :) Tweet any questions to @alfreckle for a quicker response x

Design by | SweetElectric