Manchester Christmas Markets

Tuesday 24 November 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...well, at least it is in Manchester! Its annual Christmas market has arrived and is there to stay till the 22nd December


Last weekend, Tom and I spent the day exploring the festive streets of Manchester and I have since been sooooo excited for Christmas. The miserable weather did not get me down that day..


The air was filled with the smell of waffles, bratwursts and ...garlic (in a good way trust me!) I'm also a huge fan of the German style wooden huts they had like this ^^^^^^^^


I haven't been to Manchester that much so hadn't realised how amazing it is for shopping! Selfridges was certainly getting its Christmas on with these beautiful decorations!

A Selfridges in Manchester..who knew!!?? Or maybe you did and that's just me..



The talking tree was begging for a photo really wasn't it.


When is the right time to get excited for Christmas? Everyone seems to disagree on that one but I think we'll all agree that you can't control the festive bug if you go somewhere like this.


I managed to pick up a few Christmas gifts which I'd love to share with you but I know some of the present receivers will be reading this so I  better stay hushed for now! There was a good range of traditional and a bit more unique gifts though and also lots of edible ones!!




 Sooo much chocolate and fudge!!!


We ended the day in one of the bigger markets and by this time it was getting darker so the lights had their full effect.


Cheese filled bratwust anyone?! I wish they had stalls selling these all year round because they really are better than your standard hotdog!


And what better way to wash it down than with tummy-warming mulled wine! You pay a £2 deposit for the mug so if you really love you can keep it :)

I love this photo of all the roof tops. Imagine if we all lived in little Christmas villages like this all the time - how cute :)


So I'd say this day was my first big festive event :) Have you got anything Christmassy planned or do you still think it's too early for all that?


1 comment:

  1. Ohh I can't wait to go to the markets! They were so awesome last year. I definitely need to get one of those epic hot dogs too! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :) Tweet any questions to @alfreckle for a quicker response x

Design by | SweetElectric